What you need:
- 5″ square vase
- one box of acorn filler
- few handfuls of dried lentils
- plastic water bottle
- Exacto knife
- autumn colored flowers
Here’s what you do:
- Place plastic water bottle inside square vase, centering it. Fill square vase with acorns around water bottle to determine proper height, mark.
- Remove plastic bottle and use Exacto knife to cut water bottle to marked height. Smooth cut edges with scissors, if need be.
- Center the cut bottle in square vase again, this time filling lower 1/2 inch or so of square vase with dried lentils to stabilize plastic container. Fill acorns around plastic bottle, making sure there are no gaps where the plastic bottle can be seen.
- Fill bottle with water and arrange cut flowers.